Directions Q. 1-5: A cube is coloured red on the face, green on the opposite face, yellow on another face and blue on a face adjacent to the yellow face. The other two faces are left uncoloured. It is then cut into 125 smaller cubes of equal size.
Now answer the following questions based on the above statement.
1. How many cubes are coloured on all the faces?
a] 27 b] 36 c] 48 d] 64
2. How many cubes are coloured blue on one face, red or green on another face and have four uncoloured faces?
a] 8 b] 12 c] 16 d] 23
3. How many cubes are coloured red on one face and have the remaining faces uncoloured?
a] 8 b] 10 c] 12 d] 16
4. How many cubes have at least one green face?
a] 4 b] 5 c] 16 d] 25
5. How many cubes have at least two coloured least two coloured faces?
a] 23 b] 21 c] 20 d] 19
Directions Q. 6-10: There are five villages A, B, C, D and E. Two of these are on the highway and have a school in each. One of these two has a population of less than 3000. One more village with a population of more than 3000 does not have a school. One of the village with a population of school has also got a post-office. The police-station is located in a village on the highway with a population of more than 3000. A has a school and a population of less than 3000. B does not have a school and is not located on the highway. C is located on the highway and has a population of more than 3000. D has a population of less than 3000 while E is not situated on the highway and does not have a post-office.
Now answer the following questions based on the above statement
6. Which village other than C is located on the highway?
a] A b] B c] D d] E
7. Which village having a population of less than 3000 does not have a school?
a] A b] B c] D d] E
8. Which village not located on the highway has a school?
a] A b] B c] D d] E
9. Which village has a police-station?
a] A b] C c] D d] E
10. Which village has a post-office?
a] A b] B c] C d] D
Directions Q. 11-15: In each of the following questions, find the one that does not go with the rest.
11. a] WPXOY b] GKQSJ c] FBDLE d] MPONK
12. a] BACD b] CBDE c] DCEF d] EFGH
13. a] ACEG b] DFHJ c] EFGI d] CEGI
14. a] HFDC b] MKIG c] IGEC d] XVTR
15. a] EFUV b] IJQR c] GHST d] CDXW
Directions Q. 16-20: Below are given four diagrams marked (a), (b), (c) and (d) indicating four different relationships. Under these diagrams are given five questions. In each question there are three words which are related in some way and this relationship is represented by one of the four diagrams given above the questions. The alternative indicating that relationship among the words by means of the corresponding diagram is your answer.
16. Chair, Furniture, Wood
17. Father, Mother, Family
18. Word, Paragraph, Page
19. Friend, Relative, Teacher
20. Lime, Cement, Brick
21. ‘Command’ is related to ‘Order’ in the same way as ‘Confusion’ is related to
a] Discipline b] Clarity c] Problem d] Chaos
22. One day evening before sunset two friends Sudhir and Montu were talking to each other face to face. If Montu’s shadow was exactly to his right side, which direction was Sudhir facing?
a] West b] North c] South d] Data inadequate
23. How many pairs of letters are there in the word ‘TRIANGLE’ which have as many letters between them in the word as in the alphabet?
a] Four b] Three c] Two d] One
24. ‘Object’ is related to ‘Shadow’ in the same way as ‘Word’ is related to
a] Language b] Meaning c] Books d] Grammar
25. In a row of girls, Sunita and Reema occupy the 9th place from the right end and 10th place from the left end, respectively. If they interchange their places. Sunita and Reema from the right and 18th place from the left respectively. How many girls are there in the row?
a] 26 b] 27 c] 25 d] Data inadequate
Directions Q. 26-35: The word ‘DELIBERATION’ has been written in four different code languages as shown against (a), (b), (c) and (d) below followed by ten words as ten questions. In each question the word at the top is written in four different codes, only one of which is the same as one of the four code languages in which ‘DELIBERATION’ has been written. The alternative with that code language is your answer.
Code language (a) m g a s i g d n e s b r
Code language (b) f m a s g m d n e s b r
Code language (c) f p a s g p x u t s n r
Code language (d) r p x s i p d g l s n t
a] l d b n m b] g p n d f c] g n u d j d] l n g d f
a] d n l g b] d n e m c] x w e p d] d g l m
a] t g e s n t b] r n t s b r c] r u t s n r d] r g e s b r
a] a g r s g r e b] a m t s m t e c] a p r s m r t d] x p t s m t i
a] r p n d b] r m n x c] r p n x d] t p g d
a] r p e g b] r b e m c] r n e p d] t b I p
a] l d u s r b] g x n s r c] g x u s r d] l d n s t
a] l d u s r b] g m d n e g c] g p x n t p d] l p d g t p
a] e x n m g b] e d n f m c] t x n j p d] i d g j p
a] a p n m p d b] a m u f m d c] a p n f p x d] x p g r p d
Directions Q. 36-48: In each of the following questions, find the word different from the other three words
36. Radical : Moderate :: Revolution : ?
a] Change b] Chaos c] Peace d] Reformation
37. Death : Gallows :: Criminal : ?
a] Crime b] Jailor c] Jail d] Judge
38. Wax : Wane :: Zenith : ?
a] Nadir b] Bottom c] Fall d] Depth
39. Opthalmia : Eye :: Rickets : ?
a] Child b] Bone c] Body d] Kidney
40. Botanist : Sociologist :: Plant : ?
a] Women b] Problems c] Sociology d] Society
41. Coherent : Consistent :: Irate : ?
a] Irritated b] Unhappy c] Unreasonable d] Angry
42. Elegant : Uncouth :: Gainly : ?
a] Beautiful b] Bulky c] Dirty d] Clumsy
43. Foundation : Edifice :: Constitution : ?
a] Government b] State c] Nation d] Cabinet
44. Mature : Regressed :: Varied : ?
a] Obsolete b] Decorous c] Monotonous d] Rhythmic
45. Summit : Apex :: Summon : ?
a] Beckon b] Witness c] Court d] Judge
46. Denigrate : Devalue :: Upgrade : ?
a] Demote b] Promote c] Praise d] Revalue
47. Elbow : Wrist :: Knee : ?
a] Ankle b] Finger c] Feet d] Hand
48. Earth : Moon :: Planet : ?
a] Comet b] Crescent c] Planet d] Galaxy
49. Bullet is to Rifle as Arrow is to
a] Archer b] Bow c] Target d] Cord
50. Which number will complete the given series?
Series: 11, 12, 17, 18, 23, 24, ?
a] 30 b] 35 c] 12 d] 29
1. c 2. a 3. d 4. d 5. b 6. a 7. c 8. d 9. b
10. c 11. b 12. d 13. c 14. a 15. d 16. a 17. d 18. b
19. c 20. c 21. d 22. c 23. c 24. b 25. a 26. a 27. b
28. c 29. a 30. d 31. b 32. c 33. a 34. b 35. d 36. c
37. a 38. a 39. b 40. d 41. d 42. d 43. c 44. c 45. a
46. b 47. a 48. b 49. b 50. d