1. Choose the lettered pair that expresses a relationship most similar to relationship expressed in the capitalized pair. LINEAGE :PERSON.
(B) derivation: word
(C) adolescene : child
2. select the word among the given choices that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word “NEGATION”
3. select the word or pharse among the given choices that is most nearly similar in meaning to the word “ACM
(A)The highest point
4. given below are words three of which belong to same category . find the word which does not belong to that category.
( A) Nimble
5. from the following sets of words ,choose the word correctly spelt.
6. each of the following sentences is either in active or in passive voice and is followed by four alternatives as answers. choose the correct alternative . women like to be flattered by men.
(a). women like to flatter man
(b). men like to flatter flatter women.
(c). women like men to flatter them.
(d). none of these.
7. each sentence is in direct or indirect speech and is followed by four alternatives of the opposite form of narration to that of the sentence , choose the correct alternative . the teacher forbade the boys to make a noise and advised them to do their work quietly.
(a). the teacher said,”boys,do not make a noise.do your work quietly.”
(b). the teacher said,” boys,do not make a noise to your work quietly”
(c). the teacher forbade the boys.” Do not make a noise to do your quietly”.
(d).none of these.
8. For each f the words given below a contextual usage is provided. Pick the work from the alternatives given that is most INAPPROPRIATE in the given context . A comprehensive approach to headache management combined with the rise of new drugs , appear to provide a reprieve to the numerous sufferers.
9. Select among the given choices the correct phrase to replace the underlined phrase in the following sentence.One person was killed and several others are injured in police firing and stone throwing, yesterday.
(a) one person is killed and severals others are injured
(b) one person was killed and several others were injured.
(c) one person has been killed and several others are injured
(d). one person was being killed and several others are being injured.
(10). Given below are words three of which belong to the same category. Find the word which does not belong to the that category.
(11). Choose one of the words given in four alternatives which has wrong suffix.
(12). Select the word among the given choices that is most nearly opposite meaning to the word “NOTORIOUS”.
(13).select the word or pharse among the given choices that is most nearly similar in meaning to the word “BASHFUL”.
(14).for each of the words given below a contextual usage is provided .pick the work from the alternatives given that is most INAPPROPRIATE in the given context .she is hot she is tasty, a delectable morsel on cool. Britain ’s multicultural gravy train.
(15).select the option that can be substituted for the given sentence. A person with prejudiced views against religion.
(16). Two cards players, peter and parul,have Rs 100 in the pot . They have agreed that the first player to win 5 games shall win the pot. Each player has an equal chance of winning each play.after peter has won 4 times and parul has won 3 times ,the game is interrupted and they have to stop playing and share money . What’s the most fair amount of money that peter should get?
(17).The fraction EVE/DID=0.7986798679867986…….. is a normal fraction that can also be written as a recurring decimal. What is the vlue of I.
(18). Substitute digits for the letters to the following divison true
note that the leftmost letter can,t be zero in any word.Also , there must be a one-one mapping between digits and letters . E.g if you substitute 9 for the letter H, no other letter can be 9 and all other H in the puzzle must be 9. what is the value of P.
(19). A solar – powered car is being test driven. The vechile is driven at 30mph under solar power and 40 mph under regular power .The trip to the nearest town takes 45 min using both solar and regular power ,wheras the return trip takes 50 min using only solar power . on the trip to the town ,find the distance driven using regular power?
(B) 15 miles
(C) 40 miles
(D) 25 miles
(20). A team of 36 members is divided into groups of equal size to make a trip. Since the groups were too large to fit in a car , 3 members were taken from each group and these members then formed into two additional groups . after this , all groups had the same number of members . how many members of the team were in a group before the three members were taken out from each group ?